Friday, January 22, 2010

Scarlett's Perspective

Hayley Watson, our lead actress, wrote a blog entry this week for her NMC409 practicum credit:

"Well, we have finished the first part of shooting and it has been a blast. When I first tried out for this movie, I really had no idea what to expect. I have never done anything like this before. I grew up in the world of theater, which is much different from that of film. But I am so glad that I did audition because I have learned so much while being on the set.


Being in a film is a huge commitment. I had no idea that I would take five or six hours just to film one few minute scene. We’d set up a shot, say a few lines, then cut. Set up another shot, say the same lines again, then cut and set up another shot. The cycle just keeps repeating.

Even with all the long hours though, it has been amazing working with Maggie, Emma, and the rest of the cast and crew. We all get along together great and we have had so many great times on the set. There never seems to be a dull moment. Maggie has put together a great script and it has been a joy to act in her movie and bring that script to life.


We have a few more weekends of filming and then we head into post production. I can’t wait to see the finished product!"

-Hayley aka Scarlett Black

No comments:

Post a Comment